This year the Peterborough lacrosse community is celebrating 150 years of the oldest and most successful...
Upcoming Practices & Games
- ‘Huge, huge loss’: Peterborough businesses potentially out thousands of dollars after freezers, fridges shut down from storm May 24, 2022It’s unclear just how much financial damage the storm caused to Sam’s Place, a deli in Peterborough, says owner Sam Sayer.On Tuesday, May 24, four days since a brief but devastating storm tore through the Peterborough area, Sayer is cleaning and doing an inventory. She has yet to see just how much was lost from the […]
- Peterborough County grapples with storm aftermath May 24, 2022“Heartbreaking.” “Devastating.” “Bewildering.” After a destructive and deadly storm ripped through the Peterborough area Saturday — obliterating trees, tearing off roofs and claiming lives — local leaders are trying to find the words to convey what left so many residents speechless as they continue to grapple with the crippling aftermath. “In certain parts of our […]
- Crews from Philadelphia helping restore power in Peterborough area May 24, 2022Several hundred hydro poles in the Peterborough area were damaged by Saturday’s derecho storm and out-of-town crews from as far away as Alabama have been called in to help with the clean up.Hydro One is dealing with more than 1,400 broken poles across Ontario and as many downed lines along with 300 broken crossarms, nearly […]
- Storm destroys buildings at Camp Kawartha; long weekend campers sent home May 24, 2022Camp Kawartha on Clear Lake in Douro-Dummer Township is cleaning up after Saturday’s derecho storm knocked down an estimated 100 trees — just as the camp is marking its 100th anniversary.The storm damaged buildings and left wires on the ground, forcing the camp to close and long weekend camping groups to be sent home, according […]
- 'We’ve never seen anything like this': Little Lake Cemetery suffers significant damage during Saturday's storm May 24, 2022Little Lake Cemetery president and CEO James Belk says it’s shocking to do a walk through of the cemetery right now and see the extensive destruction caused by Saturday’s historic storm.He says some of the more picturesque trees that have existed within the cemetery that people have learned to love during their walks and time […]