Upcoming Practices & Games
- Trent-Severn Waterway to partially reopen Monday in and around Peterborough May 27, 2020The Trent-Severn Waterway will open on a limit basis in and around Peterborough Monday, Parks Canada has announced.The recreational waterway’s opening has been delayed due to the ongoing COVID-19 emergency.All camping facilities remain closed until at least June 21, and group activities and public events are suspended until further notice.Boaters will be able to access […]
- Torstar to be sold, taken private in $52-million deal May 27, 2020The company that publishes the Toronto Star has agreed to be sold to a company run by entrepreneurs Jordan Bitove and Paul Rivett in a deal worth roughly $52 million.Torstar, a print and digital publishing company that runs newspapers and websites across the country, including the Toronto Star and thestar.com, announced the deal with NordStar […]
- Heat wave, but Peterborough beaches remain closed. May 26, 2020Peterborough beaches are officially closed to public due to the COVID-19 state of emergency, but public beaches in Selwyn Township are open.Many flocked anyway to Beavermead Beach and Rogers Cove on Little Lake in Peterborough on Tuesday after a heat warning was issued by Environment Canada for Peterborough, Lakefield, Lindsay, southern Peterborough County and southern […]
- Death notices at ThePeterboroughExaminer.com May 26, 2020To see obituaries and memorials from Peterborough and other regions, go to The Peterborough Examiner page of Legacy.com.
- Peterborough man arrested on child sexual assault charges May 26, 2020A 30-year-old Peterborough man has been arrested after a city police investigation into the sexual assault of a child.Police received information earlier this month about “historical sexual assaults” on someone he knew who was under 16. Police did not say when the incidents occurred.An arrest was made Tuesday.Kristopher Lesley Keith, 30, of Springbrook Drive, Peterborough, […]