The Peterborough Merit Precision Jr. A Lakers are turning to some winners to get the team...
Upcoming Practices & Games
- Congress of Aboriginal Peoples issues a call for justice for Cileana Taylor March 6, 2021The Congress of Aboriginal Peoples (CAP) is calling out for justice for Cileana Taylor and says the young Curve Lake First Nation woman's death should have never happened. Taylor died on Feb. 26 after suffering a head injury allegedly caused by her then boyfriend on Sept. 3, 2020. She remained in hospital on life support […]
- J&J vaccine seen as ideal for people in a hurry March 6, 2021Medical officer of health Dr. Rosana Salvaterra says the Johnson & Johnson vaccine against COVID-19 — which was approved for use Friday by Health Canada — will be ideal for people on the move.That’s because the Johnson & Johnson vaccine is “mobile” insofar as it can be kept in a fridge rather than a freezer, […]
- Peterborough County Warden J. Murray Jones lays blame on students for move to red zone March 6, 2021Peterborough County Warden J. Murray Jones called it “extremely unfortunate” that the region is moving into the red control zone starting Monday following the largest local COVID-19 outbreak to date declared last weekend at the Severn Court student residence.The outbreak happened after a party in the residence and Jones blames the students.“It’s almost beyond words […]
- No complaints so far at Peterborough Public Library about Dr. Seuss books March 6, 2021Two of six Dr. Seuss books discontinued Tuesday by Dr. Seuss Enterprises are in the Peterborough Public Library collection but have not currently been challenged with being removed from their shelves.Dr. Seuss, a beloved author of many cherished children’s classics who was born as Theodor Seuss Geisel, has come under fire recently for books depicting […]
- Canterbury Gardens residents hopeful of a return to normalcy after getting vaccine March 5, 2021All residents at a Peterborough retirement home received their first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine on Friday after receiving the vaccinations through a pilot project that was launched by the provincial government.The vaccinations held Friday at Canterbury Gardens on Sherbrooke Street in the city’s west end was part of a provincial government pilot project through […]