Upcoming Practices & Games
- Photos: Trent Valley Archives returns to Little Lake Cemetery July 11, 2020Trent Valley Archives’ Little Lake Tours are back after a COVID-19 hiatus.Guides and guests braved the rain Saturday for a tour that featured artists, pioneers, housewives and businesswomen. t was the second presentation of Ladies of the Lake. Tragic Tales Tours were held on July 3 and on Friday evening.Screening is done prior to each […]
- No new COVID-19 cases in Peterborough in three weeks July 11, 2020Saturday marked 21 days, three weeks, without a new case of COVID-19 in Peterborough and area.Peterborough Public Health reported 95 cases confirmed, with zero active. About 19,000 people have been tested, with 93 cases resolved and two deaths.Peterborough Public Health is responsible for the city and county, Curve Lake and Hiawatha First Nation.
- Peterborough man walks 650 km of Peterborough streets July 11, 2020Chris Eckstein recently walked more than 650 kilometres on every public street in Peterborough and visited every residential neighbourhood, commercial, and industrial area With local fitness centres closed amid the COVID-19 virus, he decided to stay in shape and get to know the city better.Eckstein, 54, walked from April 4 to July 4 for 66 […]
- Peterborough KPR parents prefer every-other-day option if classes resume July 11, 2020Local public school students could be in class every other day this fall.The Kawartha Pine Ridge District School Board announced plans for classes to resume in September, but not full-time. The province will determine how education will look in August.That decision will be based on the state of the pandemic at the time, and may […]
- Peterborough offering limited summer play programs July 10, 2020The city announced plans Friday to offer limited summer play programs for children this summer, with restrictions to protect against the spread of the COVID-19 virus.The city’s alternative camps, Summer Play — Museum Adventure program and the Summer Play — Navy Club program, will be offered weekly over the summer, although the first week of […]