The Peterborough Merit Precision Jr. A Lakers are turning to some winners to get the team...
Upcoming Practices & Games
- McTavish makes his mark with Peterborough Petes return November 26, 2021Mason McTavish made a triumphant return to the OHL on Thursday night.McTavish scored a hat trick to propel the Peterborough Petes past the Eastern Conference leading North Bay Battalion 5-3 in front of a season high 2,247 fans at the Memorial Centre.The Petes were in total control, up 4-1 and limiting North Bay to 16 […]
- UPDATE: SIU investigating death of man after officer 'discharged his firearm' near Bobcaygeon November 26, 2021The Special Investigations Unit (SIU) has been called in to investigate a shooting incident north of Bobcaygeon on Devitts Road that occurred on Thursday morning (Nov. 25)."The SIU is investigating the circumstances surrounding the death of a man after a (Kawartha Lakes OPP) officer discharged his firearm near a residence north of Bobcaygeon at about […]
- ARTISANity returns after COVID-19 hiaitus November 25, 2021The ARTISANity Show and Sale returns this year after a hiatus due to COVID.The sale runs for nine days over three weeks through Dec. 11, open Thursdays and Fridays from noon until 6 p.m. and Saturdays from 9 a.m. until 3 p.m. Formerly held at the Knights of Columbus Hall, this year’s event will be […]
- Another 7 cases in Peterborough area November 25, 2021There were seven new cases of COVID-19 reported in the Peterborough area Thursday.Peterborough city and county, Curve Lake First Nation and Hiawatha First Nation have now had 1,997 cases since the pandemic began in March 2020 with 1,934 resolved and 24 deaths.Of the confirmed cases, 1,160 cases were variants.As of Thursday there are 39 active […]
- Peterborough postal workers protest vaccination mandate November 25, 2021Employees protested vaccination mandates outside Canada Post’s Rye Street facility Thursday.Members of the group carried signs reading “No Forced Jabs: and “Freedom, Not Totalitarian Control,” among others.Canada Post employees were asked to attest to their vaccination status as of Nov. 12. Fully vaccinated workers could report to work. Partially vaccinated people have until Jan. 29 […]